Thursday, June 23, 2011

2 Month Hiatus: Out on a Limb

Over my 2 month hiatus, I got an email from a gal I didn't know.

She was interested in starting a young married's group with couples at church, and were we interested?

Um, yeah!  David and I had talked about this with some other friends of ours at church but never took the plunge.

So she invited a few couples over, without knowing any of them.  Talk about going out on a limb.  Talk about being intentional to abide

I love meeting new people, and am excited any time I make a new friend.  But she cooked us a hot meal and invited us in, and now we're getting this married's group off the ground starting next week!  She went beyond saying hi and sending an email.  I want to be like that.

How can you bless a stranger?  How can you be intentionally hospitable to someone you don't know well? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...