Friday, October 26, 2012

Daily Bread

Image Source
We are in the midst of selling our house, purging our things and preparing for a cross-country move. Questions surround me everywhere.

Where will we live?

When will our house sell? When should Maya and I make it out to be with David?

Should we get rid of our furniture or keep it?

How big/small will our new place be?

Where will we go to church?

Will we meet new friends? Will we ever meet as good of friends as we have here?!

Is the house priced to sell well?
How will we fit in on the east coast?

I ask God daily all sorts of questions, mostly around the sale of our home. He is so faithful, yet He requires my faith to grow by giving me just enough—just what I need for that specific day and not the entire plan all at once. I’m reminded of the Israelites as they wandered in the desert for 40 years, living on manna alone. He gave them exactly what they needed, and those who didn’t trust Him for tomorrow had smelly, rotten manna on their hands as a result.
“Moses said to them, “It is the bread the Lord has given you to eat. 16 This is what the Lord has commanded: ‘Everyone is to gather as much as they need. Take an omer for each person you have in your tent.’”
17 The Israelites did as they were told; some gathered much, some little. 18 And when they measured it by the omer, the one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little. Everyone had gathered just as much as they needed.
19 Then Moses said to them, “No one is to keep any of it until morning.”
20 However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them.” (Exodus 16:15-20)
And so God continues to give me my daily bread as well. If I try to hoard and make plans for the future right now, the smell and maggots turn up their ugly heads and I’m reminded He’s given me what I need for today—and He’ll take care of tomorrow too.

Right before David flew out to interview for this position in New York, we talked about our house because it would be the biggest hurdle to a move like this. “If God wants us on the east coast, He can work out the details of selling our home.” I had said those words believing their truth, but not realizing how soon I would need to put my money where my mouth is and trust that! In all honesty it is hard to trust that He will do this for our family. I often believe that the Lord can and will do big things, but rarely internalize that He can and will do big things for me. Have you ever had similar thought patterns? I know I serve an amazing God and I need believe that He can be amazing for me, too.

I don’t know how our house will end up selling. It may not be this jaw-dropping story or anything, but I do know it will be in His timing and for His purpose. And through every step of the way, he’ll give me my daily bread.

Thanks for reading and sharing this journey with me! May you be blessed today by the daily bread you receive. :)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...