Monday, October 22, 2012

New York New Jersey

 

And just like that…  We’re off again!

Two weeks ago, David was on a plane to the New York region for an interview.  We were excited at the possibility of a promotion and a new adventure, but realistic at the fact that there were four other guys interviewing and the New York region was far, far, far away.  We didn’t think too long about it.  It’s always good experience to interview, right?

We prayed.  We prayed hard, knowing that a transition like this is life changing.  Selling a home, finding a new home, leaving our church, our friends, our life/community group, raising our daughter…  The list goes on and on.  I prayed and prayed the Lord would shut it down quickly if this opportunity were not from Him.  I prayed the decision makers in New York would make the right decision for their region.  I also prayed that if this was where God was leading us that it would be obvious to the region and us and there would be no confusion.

The day of David’s interview came and as we Face-Timed on the phone that night, I learned he had eight interviews with the NY management.  I was encouraged by the sincerity the region was taking by having that many people take time out of their day to meet with the candidates.  I was hopeful that if this was not the right fit, surely eight people would see that… And vice versa.

David flew directly from the interview to San Antonio Texas (the life of a Field Traveler… Always on the run!) for another work event, so I assumed it would be towards the end of the week before he heard anything.  I continued to pray.  I halfway expected him to call and tell me he didn’t get it, but then I also expected him to say that he was chosen and we were moving.  Needless to say I just didn’t know what to expect!

That Thursday morning, while sitting at my desk at work evaluating survey questions and media placements, David called and told me he got the job.  “Oh my gosh,” I responded.  “Congratulations, I’m so happy for you!  Oh. My. Gosh.”

Since then it’s been a series of unknowns as we work out the details of moving cross-country.  I’ve always known this was the life of a field traveler’s wife…  But it all happened so fast!  I’m still agape as I think about it all.

Next week David begins our east coast adventure while I close out things here in Portland.  He’ll be working in the New York region with the same automotive company, but the office is technically in New Jersey.  We’re still uncertain where we’ll be living, but we’re pretty certain it will be on the Jersey side.  David will be working with dealers in New York state.

Thanks for taking this journey with me!  I covet your prayers as we make this transition as a new family and embark on an adventure to the east coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...