Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wine Results and Estate Sale Freebie



I talked my husband into going to an estate sale!!!  That's him above spraying our cool find.

This is epic. David, while the best bargain hunter I know, is not into thrifting. He's not excited about used treasures and he'd rather go to the swap meet than a goodwill or antique shop. This time, however, I talked him into it. So we drove up some windy roads in West Linn until we got to the estate sale.

Maybe it was because I LOST the Wine "Yay or Nay 40".  By 4 votes!!!  Can you believe that.  I did talk him into starting a blog, though.  He got a wordpress platform and his domain is mywinetips.wordpress.com and there are no posts.  It still says "hello world!" whenever I check it.  Yeah.... I don't think the blogging thing is going to stick for my honey. :)  I still can't believe I lost!  I'm a horrible loser.  That's probably why he created a blog, just to get me to stop whining about losing!  To make it worse, we played scrabble the other night and he won that too.  I'm used to him winning games, but scrabble?!  I thought I was the one who knew her words.  He got 39 points on the word "eggy".  Would you even use the word "eggy"?  Something like "that casserole was a bit eggy"?!  Oh David.  I love you but "eggy"?!


Back to the estate sale.  so yeah, I got him to go and the first thing we see is a wine rack that holds 42 wine bottles.  It was super ugly in it's metal gold look, but we both looked at each other and said the same thing... "Spray paint?!"  I love it that David doesn't mind taking a risk.  I mean not that it was much of a risk... It could only look better!

"That piece is free," the man running the estate sale said.  "Can't really go wrong with the price."

We looked at each other.  "Spray paint!"  It was an easy choice.  We carted it to the truck and went to go buy some spray paint.



 David had the job of spraying.  I always have streaks on stuff when I spray paint.  Him on the other hand, he's pretty good! 

We moved it around a bit, let it dry, did it again, got my butt whooped in scrabble, looked to see if it was dry.  He did a great job getting it to look like it was made to be black!!!



At 1 a.m., we finished scrabble and David won so I said we should bring in the wine rack and see how it looked.  I know we'll end up moving it into the living/dining room eventually since it doesn't really match the white country look we have going on in the kitchen, but for now it's fine.  I think it looks great!


It's so fun taking something that was FREE and making it work for you!

Since David's been into collecting wine lately, we've needed a place to house all our bottles!  This definitely does the trick.


I feel a wine tasting party coming on.... :)

1 comment:

  1. What a find! You two are the cutest!! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...