Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Found Out

This morning during my quiet time, I came across a passage that made me wince at the thought.

"...You may be sure that your sin will find you out" (Numbers 32:23, emphasis added).

It made me think...  What sin am I harboring?  Because it will come out I will be found out.

David.
Cain.
Rachel.
Jacob.
Adam and Eve...

Don't worry, I'm not hiding any crazy secrets or anything that I'm worried about being uncovered.  But it was a good, strong reminder that when we sin, we will be found out.  How often do I truly repent for my sin?  I'm ashamed to admit it's not very often.  My sin-- while maybe not as visible as David's affair with Bathsheba, or as violent as Cain murdering his brother, or as secretive as Jacob or Rachel's deceit, or as significant to mankind as Adam and Eve's decision... My sin is still, well, sin.  It still creates a need for justification. 

I'm found out.

Thank God he gave us grace, sufficient for us, covering multitudes of sin and is freely available to us. 

We serve a just God.  A faithful God.  A God who finds us out, but promises that we'll find Him when we seek Him with all our hearts.  "I will be found by you, declares the Lord" (Jer 29:13 emphasis added).

We will be found out.  So let's run and find Him.

***Thanks for reading!!!  My baby sister is going in for surgery tomorrow, so if you remember, please keep her in your prayers!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...