Since I'm a woman, I'll speak from the gal's perspective here and will only speak for myself since I can't comment on behalf of anyone else. I yearn to be cherished and delighted in. I know I am this way. I want love, the unconditional kind-- the takes your breath away, can't live without you, Carrie-Big kind of love (well not really but you know what I mean if you love SATC) that listens and makes gestures and holds hands and hearts and all that goey love stuff. I long to be cherished and taken care of. To know I am the only one, to be secure in my husband's love for me. I also desire to be deligihted in, for my husband to see beauty in what I have to offer much beyond the way I look. Growing up my pastor, Ken Korver gave a sermon on marriage and he said "The more you love your wife, the more beautiful she will become." I yearn for beauty. That's probably why I love cooking and giving it a pretty presentation. I love clothes and accessories and decorative home goods. I want to know I am worth slaying dragons for.
Isn't every good love story the same? I mean that in a good way. Girl meets boy, they fall in love, conflicts arise and separate them, boy fights for girl and pursues her, rescues her and they live happily ever after. All the fairy-tales have this theme, even good romatic movies hold this mantra. I, as a woman, am drawn to this kind of story as well. I love a good chick flick where I leave the theater feeling oohed and awed by the love story developed on screen. As David and I finished our ginormous salads and talked about dragons and love, we were reminded of our own love story. While nothing ever tore us apart or caused us to ever breakup before we were married, there was plenty of pursuing and dragon fighting. I think dragons will always exist, and wicked witches will always attempt to consume my disposition and/or situation. That being said, I am grateful for my Knight who fights for me daily. :)
- I love that you love to be home! I especially love it when you come home a day early and surprise me (or scare the heck out of me!) with your just being here.
- I am grateful that you get out of bed and make coffee the mornings that you're home. My coffee never tastes as good as when you make it :)
- I love that you look at our life as an adventure.
- You demonstrate your love for me even with small things like rearranging the furniture.
- You take care of all the bills and don't get upset when I try to pay them and pay the dentist instead of the discover card. You are gracious and gentle towards me.
- You listen and don't assume. I need to be more like you in this area.
- The way you constantly learn and strive to know more inspires me.
- I never doubt I am the only girl for you. You make me feel like I'm the only girl in the room!